GREENHOUSE GROWER ASSISTANT
Full-Time (Full-Time, Part-Time, Weekends, Days)
Preferably this person should have previous workplace experience focused on maintaining good everyday work ethic and implementing best practices. Position responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Supervise greenhouse workers in the plant to ensure accomplishment of tasks assigned in timely manner.
- Inspect the quality of work completed on daily basis.
- Collect & ensure proper cleaning, disinfecting, sterilizing of workers tools on daily basis.
- Observe & assess the health of the crop for pests, viruses, and diseases.
- Resolve & fix minor problems/concerns if possible.
- Operate electric jacks, scissor lifts, WC meter, PH meter and other equipment.
- Collect data from trial and submit calculations for data entry to the grower.
- Collect water samples and conduct tests on slabs for the WC, EC, PH.
- Assist in mixing of pesticides for spraying using the proper formulations and PPE.
- Submit quality score to the grower on weekly basis.
- Submit an estimate of tomatoes for next day picking.
- Submit records of cleaned tools including on weekly basis.
- Record and submit workers hours on a daily basis to labor supervisor.
- Report any issues with irrigation, venting, crop health, and equipment to the proper authority.
- Enforce EHS, ESA, OHSA laws and regulations as well as Amco’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with direct supervisor, labor supervisor, maintenance, and all other parties on a daily basis.
- Properly train new directly reports staff.
- Track vacation and absence days for workers.
- Direct the employees and their resources with enough guidance, direction, leadership, and support necessary to ensure that they are familiar with company goals and able to accomplish those goals.
- Review and assess staff performance and provide feedback to improve performance.
- Submit all employee relation documentation to HR department including; leave of absence, performance evaluation forms, etc.
- Ensure employees are safely performing their tasks and responsibilities.
- Monitor inventory levels and report when materials, tools and other tools needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- High school diploma with 3 – 5 years of experience in agricultural environment in supervisory position.
- Applicant must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure and have the following skills in order to qualify:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills