Full-Time – Minimum of 40 hours per week
1 – 2 years of experience in supervising labor in a greenhouse environment
- Plan hours needed for each process or tasks and the number of employees to be assigned for that purpose.
- Coordinate labor movements within the plants and distribute the available labor to different tasks in coordination with other departments.
- Provide feedback to workers to improve their performance in accomplishing their tasks or process assigned.
- Evaluate current offshore labor performance in coordination with the grower and decide which potential labor to come back to work with the company after the end of their contract.
- Inspect rooms and supervise cleaning for each room when offshore labor travel back home.
- Recommend new techniques to reduce labor costs for specific job functions.
- Evaluate job functions and the time it takes to complete each task in order to establish the foundation for piecework and effectively enhance our budgeted cost figures.
- Tour the greenhouses on daily basis and ensure area zone workers process and tasks are performed efficiently and on time.
- Assign labors to special projects when needed including; scouting, maintenance, cleaning, or biomass in coordination with other departments.
- Check work progress on daily basis and report any gap in performance or timeframe in which might affect accomplishing work on time.
- Drive offshore workers to do their health card, social insurance, shop from stores, or to hospital in case of emergency.
- Report any shortage in labor and submit offshore labor needs to the offshore responsible.
- Inspect offshore rooms and ensure rooms are ready of new comer offshore labor.
- Submit list of needed stuff for the rooms to be ready for new offshore labor.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- 1 – 2 years of experience in supervising labor in a greenhouse environment.
- Applicant must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure and have the following skills in order to qualify:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills