Full Time – Minimum of 50 hours per week
- Supervise & control plant nutrition at all stages of crop growth.
- Develop & implement good practices to meet the requirement of the ESSAP.
- Responsible for irrigation management which includes collecting and assessing daily water sheets.
- Responsible for submitting water samples, interpreting results and adjusting fertilizers accordingly.
- Recommend corrective actions such as removal of plants or remedial treatments as appropriate.
- Responsible for reporting any issues with assigned greenhouse laborers or quality of work to Greenhouse Labor Supervisor.
- Ensure hydroponic growth and acceptable harvests have met or exceeded the company’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure plant production has exceeded the most recent 3 years average gross pounds produced per viable producing plants grown.
- Evaluate new potential processes and/or new products to increase revenue or save operating costs.
- Inspect assigned growing areas on daily basis to inspect crops, status of the plant product, possible challenges, and evaluate greenhouse environment and irrigation strategy.
- Monthly inspection of greenhouse to meet health and safety requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring that crop work is being completed in set time frames and done properly.
- Coordinate with IPM program to ensure timely and effective biological or chemical treatment of pests & disease.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure timely and effective achievements in all greenhouse operations, including crop work, harvesting, and facility maintenance.
- Communicate with external partners to evaluate potential new growing procedures.
- Responsible for scheduling of crop work with Greenhouse Labor Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural with minimum 3 years of experience in greenhouses as a grower or grower assistant is highly desired
- Intermediate skills in Ms. Office.
- Excellent time management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Medical Insurance after 3 months probation period.
- Pay increase on a yearly basis based on performance and seniority within the company.