VP Packing & distribution MANAGER
5 – 7 years of experience in a warehouse environment in related field
- Oversee and support packing area on daily basis.
- Oversee shipping and receiving of all products through the various functions and activities.
- Verify that inventory is accurate and fresh by daily communications with the sales staff.
- Identify problems in the product and ensure that the product is moved accordingly.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work schedules for packing and shipping department.
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping accurate, daily inventory count.
- Oversee and ensure accurate and properly labeled load quantities to ensure that each customer is identified on each pallet per load.
- Assure the profitable operation of the Warehouse department and that the established hours of operation is maintained for the warehouse.
- Evaluate new potential processes to increase revenue or save operating costs.
- Verify supplying, shunting and packout records.
- Source and monitor raw material
- Ensure the security of all physical inventory of the department.
- Assure timely and accurate entry of all data into the computer.
- Assume full control over inventory in the department and assuring the accurate accounting of short, damaged, and missing items.
- Oversee the Quality Control Department to ensure all shipped products are in good condition and meeting the quality standard.
- Verify any produce returned for credit, then restock, and reship, completing all required documentation.
- Confer with other department personnel to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Diploma in Business administration, supply chain management or any related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in a warehouse environment in related field.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer applications.
- Knowledge working with SAP and Famous is considered an asset.
- Competitive pay + Medical Insurance after 3 months + Bonus Plan + Annual Pay increase on a based on performance and seniority with the company.
- Applicant must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure, and possess the following skills in order to qualify for the position:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills